Five Transfer Options are available from Vilnius Airport to Vilnius city centre
The international airport serving Vilnius, the nation’s capital, is called Vilnius Airport. It is 5.9 kilometers south of the city. In terms of passenger traffic, it is the biggest of Lithuania’s three commercial airports. 5 million passengers each year, one runway. You have many means of transport that can take you to Vilnius city from the airport. You can go by train, by bus, by rented car, and by taxi. Find the one that meets your needs and begin your journey with comfort.
How to reach Vilnius from Vilnius Airport by bus?
You have the option of taking the bus too. The routes start around 5 am and stop around midnight. The bus from the Vilnius airport to the city center is a 20-minute drive.
- Route 3G. From the Airport to the Center and Fabijoniškės (Get off at the Juozo Tumo Vaiganto or Green Bridge (aliasis tiltas) stops if you need to go to Vilnius’s city center (around a 15-20 min ride).
- Route 1. From the Airport to Vikingai and St.–Station
- Route 2. From the Airport to Vikingai and Liepkalnio St.–Station
- Route 88. From the Airport to Center and Europa square (Get off at the Auros Vartai or MO Muziejus stops if you’re staying in Vilnius Old Town (around 15 min ride).
- Route 88N. It is a night bus. Runs from 10:00 pm to 05:30 am. From Airport to the Center, Europa square
The ticket costs 1 euro and you can buy it from inside the bus. You can check Vilnius bus routes and schedules on your Trafi or m.Ticket apps
Getting to Vilnius from Vilnius Airport by train.
You can take the train to reach Vilnius from Vilnius airport. The train runs from 7:16 am to 10:40 pm every day. The train station is in Vilnius airport next to the terminal. You can find it following the footway that leads from the terminal to the railway station.
16 times per day, the Vilnius-Airport train leaves the airport for the city center of Vilnius and travels there in about 7 minutes. The ticket costs around 0,70 euros and you can purchase it online, on the train or at the railway station.
Again, the walk to Vilnius’s old town will take you between 10 and 15 minutes.
Be informed about getting to Vilnius from Vilnius Airport by taxi transfer.
If you decide to take a taxi from the airport, make sure you don’t get ripped off! Normally, locals never take cabs waiting just outside the exit of the airport. They are usually way overpriced! Vilnius airport is quite close to the city center. It should take around 15 minutes to get to your hotel/apartment.
Locals typically pay €5–6 to travel from Vilnius Airport to the city center. However, taxi drivers frequently demand more money if you are a foreigner. Before boarding the vehicle, it is always a good idea to reach a price agreement.
If you make your taxi call, you should stand outside “Departures”.Ask the tourist information center to call you a cab if you arrive in Vilnius during the day. Taxi ranks are located facing the Arrivals area of the Main Terminal. Keep in mind that all taxis accept cash and credit cards.
Passengers can file a complaint using a form on the airport website if they believe they have been overcharged. Basic trip information, including the taxi company, the handwritten receipt, the license plate, the time of departure, and the destination, must be provided.
Do you want to reach Vilnius from Vilnius Airport by car?
You can reach Vilnius city in a rented car too. There are companies like Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, and SIXT.
Alamo, Europcar, and Enterprise are a few car rental companies in Vilnius that have updated their car rental health and safety policies because of COVID-19 to ensure that vehicles are clean and disinfected. Vilnius’s average daily rate for a rental car is 33 euros.
Although driving safety has increased over the past few years, Lithuania still has one of the highest rates of traffic fatalities in all of Europe. This is partially a result of the poor state of many city streets, as well as suburban and rural roads. However, if drivers drive defensively and slowly, they shouldn’t encounter any issues.
Avoid traveling through Vilnius between the hours of 7 and 8 in the morning and 5 in the evening, when traffic can be particularly bad, especially on the E272, one of the main routes into the city.
Advantages about getting to Vilnius from Vilnius Airport by AtoB transfer.
- We recommend thinking about the comfort and safety of your kids. Add a child seat when you order a Vilnius airport transfer service. Choose a baby seat suitable to your needs as we have a wide range of options: booster, baby chair, and infant seat. This option is available in Section Extra.
- AtoB Vilnius airport taxi service offers reliable and personalized airport transfer services. Add to your private Vilnius airport transfer additional waiting time, bottled water, Spotify list, or indicate your preferred language.
- For those travelers who value their time and don’t want to waste it standing in queues to get a taxi or a bus, we recommend you pre-book an AtoB transfer online.
- By booking Vilnius airport AtoB service online, you get a fixed price, meet & greet, and door-to-door services upon your arrival.
- Transportation from the airport to your destination is an important issue in your holiday so don’t stay last minute and ruin your first impression of your journey.
- AtoB Vilnius airport transfer service is there to worry for you for all the details of arriving at your destination, leaving you to enjoy your trip.
What Are the Main AtoB Features?
AtoB taxi is your way to make your journey more comfortable. Our main priority is to provide our clients with the highest level of comfort. We’ll make the most of your trips by providing you with exceptional transfer services.
Our company will provide you with fast and convenient transport from the airport to the hotel or the nearest city where you will stay.
Our experienced chauffeurs and private drivers are always happy to help and give any recommendations about the city attractions, road, or your stay.
Comfort and safety
AtoB offers a fixed price. Our driver will meet you with a name card, and you will have the driver’s contact info so that you do not get lost.