How to Get from Nice Airport to Nice city Centre?
Welcome to AtoB’s guide to getting from Nice Airport to the city centre! This brief how-to guide is intended to familiarise you with the different transport options available to you so that you can get to your destination quickly and with minimal hassle.
Depending on your travel preferences, you’ll want to consider either a rail/ metro option, a bus/ shuttle option, or a taxi/ private hire option. We’ll review each of these in turn and provide links to more information and resources. In the end, you’ll be able to decide which solution is the most ideal and convenient for you, so let’s get to it!
How Do I Get from Nice Airport to City Centre by Tram?
Travelling from Nice Airport to the city centre by tram is a convenient and cost-effective way to get to your destination. The closest tram stop is located just outside the airport terminal and is served by tram number 2. The price for a single adult ticket is 1.50 euro and can be bought from ticket machines located at the entrance of the stop.
The journey from the Airport to the Nice City Centre takes approximately 20 minutes, as it is only 8 stops away from the airport. During the journey, you can enjoy the gorgeous views of the Promenade des Anglais and many beaches. It is an easy journey, with the tram running every 15 minutes so you are almost guaranteed to find a tram to take you to the city centre.
Travel Tip: It is important to have exact change for tickets – some machines do not give change for small bills and coins.
Fot. Maximilian Dörrbecker / CC BY-SA 2.5
Getting a Bus from Nice Airport to City Centre?
Another convenient way to get from NCE to the Nice city centre, is by taking the bus. Although cost-wise, the prices are the same as the tram. The buses depart from outside the airport, running every twenty minutes Monday through Saturday and every 30 minutes on Sundays and public holidays. You can catch the local buses numbers 12, 200, and 210 from the airport to the city centre. Tickets purchased from the ticket vending machines located at the airport cost only €1.50 one-way, and you can also buy a ticket directly from the driver for a slightly higher price. The journey from the airport to the city centre takes about 30 minutes, stopping at a few popular sights along the way.
For more convenience and savings, you can also purchase a one-way, or unlimited rides Nice Riviera Card online or at the Nice Information Centre located in the Nice Airport. This card provides you with unlimited access to the Nice Airport bus route, as well as the city’s public transportation system. The Nice Riviera Card is offered in 24-hour, 48-hour, or 72-hour options and available for roughly 28€, 40€, and 59€ respectively.
Travel Tip: Try to reserve your bus tickets in advance whenever possible to avoid the busy tourist season.
Fot. COUVRAT Sylvain / CC BY-SA 4.0
How Far is Nice Airport to Nice City Centre
Nice Airport is located approximately 7 km (4.3 miles) from the city centre.
Atob Airport Taxi from Nice Airport to City Centre
AtoB Nice Airport to City centre transfers provide a great option for those looking for a transfer from Nice Airport to their city centre destination, who don’t want to wait in long taxi lines or be cramped in public transport.
Our service allows you to make your own travel plans in comfort, with no worrying about missing your transfer or other stresses which accompany travel. The prices are very competitive, with a one-way transfer from Nice city centre to airport costing around €25. The journey time is around 20 minutes depending on the traffic, making it a much faster and more reliable option than taking a bus or taxi. Plus, AtoB Nice Airport to City centre transfers are the only option for a personalised transfer, with the addition of services such car seat and extra luggage storage, so you can enjoy extra convenience and security for the duration of your journey.
Luxury Chauffeur Transfer from Nice Airport to City Centre
Nice, France is a luxurious location, so maybe a standard car just won’t do it for you. No matter, AtoB has just what you need. Book a luxury chauffeur ride with us, and we can get you from the NCE, as well as around the city centre.
Our chauffeur services are offered with an hourly rate, so you can determine the amount of time you would like to be driven around for.
All our luxury vehicles are equipped with the latest amenities, with no expense being spared to ensure you get the luxurious travel option you deserve. Our drivers will also function as your own personal travel guide, who can let you in on all the local secrets, such as the best places to dine, or must-see sights.
What to See in Nice
Nice has been a cultural capital for years; with such a colourful history it boasts some of the most amazing sights to see in the whole French Riviera. At AtoB we strive to help you make your trip unforgettable all the way, that’s why we have put together our list of the top 10 things to do and see in Nice. Enjoy!
1. Visit Vieux Nice (Old Town Nice): A great place to explore with narrow cobblestone lanes, colourful buildings, and small alleys, there is an atmosphere of old world charm in every corner.
2. Take a stroll along Promenade des Anglais: One of the most beautiful and iconic walkways in the world, this 7 km long waterfront promenade gives breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
3. See the architecture of Place Massena: The main square of the city and a great place to take pictures and relax, Place Massena is where the old merges with the new, with a variety of architectural styles on display.
4. Visit Musée Marc Chagall: Located close to the Cimiez Monastery, the museum houses nearly 200 original works of art, many of which were created by the artist throughout his lifetime.
5. Explore Colline du Château: A beautiful hilltop park with a great view of the city, it is a great place to take in some fresh air and relax.
6. Climb Castle Hill: A great place to take pictures, Castle Hill offers a magnificent view of Nice’s harbour and has a historical monument at its centre.
7. Take a boat trip to Île de Lérins: A small island located 500 metres off the coast of Nice, it is home to a monastery and beautiful beaches.
8. Check out Cimetière du Château: This historic cemetery makes for an interesting visit, with many famous figures buried here, including French actress Sarah Bernhardt.
9. Enjoy the local cuisine: Nice has some delicious dining options, from fresh seafood to classic French restaurants.
10. Attend La Fête du Citron: A must-see for any visitor to Nice, this annual festival celebrates all things lemon, with giant parades and spectacular displays.
What Are the Main AtoB Features?
AtoB taxi is your way to make your journey more comfortable. Our main priority is to provide our clients with the highest level of comfort. We’ll make the most of your trips by providing you with exceptional transfer services.
Our company will provide you with fast and convenient transport from the airport to the hotel or the nearest city where you will stay.
Our experienced chauffeurs and private drivers are always happy to help and give any recommendations about the city attractions, road, or your stay.
Comfort and safety
AtoB offers a fixed price. Our driver will meet you with a name card, and you will have the driver’s contact info so that you do not get lost.